1. De BolohedIt is a charming vegetarian restaurant with terrace, located along the Prinsengracht Canal.
It offers a wide variety of high-quality organic food based on ethnic and vegan dishes.
Prices can be quite high.
Where: Prinsengracht 60-62 (Jordaan district, near the Anne Frank House).
When: every day from 11 am to 9:30 pm.
2. Golden TempleIt is the oldest vegetarian restaurant in the city. It offers a wide choice of great food.
Besides not-only-ethnic vegetarian dishes, the restaurant specializes in crudites.
Prices are quite high.
Where: Utrechtsestraat 126 (Staadsdeel Zuid).
When: every day from 5 pm to 11 pm.
3. De WaaghalsLocated in the vibrant De Pijp district, it offers fine and strictly organic food.
Once a month, the restaurant proposes a typical dish of a specific country.
Where: Frans Halsstraat 29.
When: every day from 5 pm to 9:30 pm.
4. Maritis EetkamerIt is a very special restaurant. If you perceive an extremely homely atmosphere it is no coincidence: it is a living room restaurant, within a private home, where you will receive a warm welcome.
You will find great food and only local, organic and fair-trade products.
You need to make a reservation calling the number 020 7763864.
Where: Andreas Bonnstraat 34H.
When: from Tuesday to Saturday, from 6 pm to 12 am.
5. Betty'sIt is a small restaurant lovingly run by a couple. It offers healthy and tasty dishes. Menu and prices are fixed.
Where: Rijnstraat 75, not far from the Museumplein.
When: Wednesday to Sunday, from 5:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Closed on the last Saturday of the month. You have to book in advance.
6. De Vliegende SchotelIt is one of the oldest vegetarian restaurants in the city. The environment is simple and welcoming. The kitchen is mostly vegan, but in some dishes cheese can be used.
Where: Admiraal de Ruijterweg 331 (Amsterdam West, Jordaan).
When: open every day from 12 pm to 9:30 pm.
7. De Hummus HouseThey are actually 2 reasonably priced restaurants that offer dishes with fresh ingredients, mainly based on hummus and pita.
Where: 1) Korte Leidsedwaarsstraat 62.
2) Sint Antoniesbreestraat 25C.
8. Maoz VegetarianIt is a vegetarian and vegan-friendly fast food chain. There are 4 Maoz in Amsterdam's downtown area. Maoz' main dish is the falafel.
Where: 1) Leidsestraat 85.
2) Albert Cuypstraat 67.
3) Muntplein 1.
4) Damrak 40.
When: every day from 11 am.
9. De Gouden TentIt is a vegetarian takeaway where you can get falafel, hummus and salads.
Where: 1) Marie Heinekenplein 11, near Heineken Experience.
2) Ten Katestraat 97 (west of the city).
3) Zeilstraat 37 (south-west, quite far from the center).
When: every day, from 10 am to 7 pm.
10. Beter and LeukPerfect for your breakfast and your vegetarian or vegan-friendly lunch.
Where: Eerste Oosterparkstraat 91 (east central area).
When: Monday, 12 pm-5 pm; from Tuesday to Saturday, 10 am -5 pm; 11am -4 pm on Sunday.
Are you vegan or vegetarian? In Amsterdam you will find a wide choice of places and restaurants to satisfy your needs and enjoy your stay in the Dutch capital at best.